Thank you for considering our pets! The HSSTT is here for you before, during, and after your adoption. Our staff will do their best to provide you with every available informational and support resource for both the transition phase and long-term ownership. Our goal is to place our adoptable pets in their forever homes! The adoption process is designed to ensure the best chance of a successful match, based on the owner’s lifestyle and the pet’s individual personality.
- Provide driver’s license or other photo ID.
- Renters must obtain a signed statement of permission from landlord to adopt a pet.
- Other pets in the home must be up-to-date on vaccines.
- Adoption fee is due at time of adoption, as well as a $5 license fee for dogs.
- Please fill out this Adoption Form
- Adoption form can be dropped off in person or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tour our shelter
- Meet with the animal(s) of your choice
- Complete an application
- Meet with a member of our Adoption Team
- The pet of your choice can be placed on hold with a complete application for a maximum of 24 hours or until the next business day. If the pet is not yet spayed/neutered, surgery is scheduled
- Your personal pet may be brought to the shelter for a “meet and greet” with the shelter animal to see how they get along
- Adopters must provide a veterinary reference prior to adoption
- An adoption team member will schedule a home visit prior to finalizing the adoption
- Fee is paid upon adoption
- All pets must be taken to your vehicle on a leash or in a carrier
- Dogs – $100
- Puppies 6 months and younger- $150. The higher fee for puppies helps cover the multiple vaccine appointments, and the additional medical care they require to prepare them for adoption.
- Senior citizens receive a discount on adoptions!
- Include wellness check, de-worming, current flea/tick/heart-worm prevention,vaccinations, microchip, spay/neuter surgery, a collar & leash
- We also have ‘starter kits’ of supplies and toys for your new pet, available for purchase.
This page is powered by Shelterluv. Learn more www.shelterluv.com