Humane Society of St. Thomas
is a Non-Profit Organization
Over 2000 animals pass through our shelter each year. We strive to provide the highest quality care to each and every visiting animal. Your membership and support are essential to our ability to continuously meet the demand of maintaining this campus. Whether volunteering your time or contributing funds, every person can make a real difference.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life, and put their individual experience and expertise to work for the greater good.
- Socializing animals to improve physical and emotional health.
- Learning about an animal’s personality to better promote them for adoption.
The Boutique & Thrift Store
- Cashiering, greeting donors, back-of-the-house-help, sorting, putting merchandise on floor, hanging clothes, assisting cashier.
Animal Care Attendants
- Dog Kennels – taking dogs outside, cleaning/disinfecting kennels.
- Cat Cabanas – cleaning/disinfecting
- Data Entry/Filing – general filing; project work, statistics, etc.
- Customer Service – answer phones, assist customers, data entry, etc.
- Greeter – greet & direct visitors, provide general information.
- Wash and dry laundry.
- Fold laundry.
- Restock laundry shelves.
- Shelter Grounds clean up.
- Spring cleaning.
- Misc. projects.
- General maintenance including repairs and other handyman type jobs.
- Triage Assistant – clean cages, data entry, baths, etc.
- Take animals to local venues for special events.
Education Ambassador Dogs
- Community outreach with our mascot Charlie to schools and camps throughout the island.
- Events Committee – assist with organization of fundraising events.
Thank you for your interest to Volunteer at the Humane Society
At Humane Society of St. Thomas, we never lose sight of what drives our efforts:
Dedicated people who are ready to make change happen now