Humane Society of St. Thomas
is a Non-Profit Organization
Over 2000 animals pass through our shelter each year. We strive to provide the highest quality care to each and every visiting animal. Your membership and support are essential to our ability to continuously meet the demand of maintaining this campus. Whether volunteering your time or contributing funds, every person can make a real difference.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life and put their individual experience and expertise to work for the greater good. Help us care for the animals in your own unique and special way. Call 340.775.0599 ext. 203 or fill out the form below and return via email to email@example.com, drop off at HSSTT Campus or mail to, HSSTT 4012 New Herrnhut St. Thomas, USVI 00802. Humane Society Volunteer Form
- We can always use volunteers to assist with dog walking and socializing. Have some time to spare and take dogs for a walk on our campus? Our greatest need is in the morning between 8am-10am and in the afternoon between 2pm and 4pm.
- Our cats would love getting attention and pets from you. Want to come and come spend some time with them in one of our outdoor enclosures. Even just hanging out and reading a book in their company can brighten their day. Every day 8am-4pm.
Animal Care Attendants
- Dog Kennels – taking dogs outside, cleaning/disinfecting kennels.
- Cat Cabanas – cleaning/disinfecting cabana kennels.
The Boutique & Thrift Store
- Cashiering, greeting donors, back-of-the-house-help, sorting, putting merchandise on floor, hanging clothes, assisting cashier.
- Data Entry/Filing – general filing; project work, statistics, etc.
- Customer Service – answer phones, assist customers, data entry, etc.
- Greeter – greet & direct visitors, provide general information.
- Wash and dry laundry.
- Fold laundry.
- Restock laundry shelves.
- Hours needed are 8am-4pm daily.
- Shelter Grounds clean up.
- Landscaping and tree trimming.
- General maintenance including repairs and other handyman type jobs.
- Triage Assistant – clean cages, data entry, baths, etc.
Adoption Profile Photographs and Bios
- Help create and take glamor shots and make profiles for adoptable animals.
- Get registered as a foster parent by completing the HSSTT Volunteer Form and we will contact you.
- Events Committee – assist with organization of fundraising events.
Thank you for your interest to Volunteer at the Humane Society.
At Humane Society of St. Thomas we never lose sight of what drives our efforts.
It is dedicated people like you who are ready to make change happen now!