Humane Society of St. Thomas is a Non-Profit Organization
Over 2000 animals pass through our shelter each year. We strive to provide the highest quality care to each and every visiting animal. Your membership and support are essential to our ability to continuously meet the demand of maintaining this campus. Whether volunteering your time or contributing funds, every person can make a real difference.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life and put their individual experience and expertise to work for the greater good. Help us care for the animals in your own unique and special way. Sign up for specific activities by clicking the individual links below, or complete the Humane Society Volunteer Form and our required HSSTT Liability Waiver (page 1 & 2) then:
- Email the form to email@example.com
- Mail to HSSTT 4012 New Herrnhut, St. Thomas, USVI 00802
- Bring it with you at your orientation at the campus
We offer new volunteer orientation on Sundays starting promptly at 10:30 AND 12:30. Come prepared for your volunteer experience. Dress appropriately for the activity, bring plenty of water to drink, wear mid-length pants, close toed shoes. Face masks are still required. To get involved, follow the 3 Easy Steps below!
“3 EASY STEPS”:
1. Sign up and attend a Sunday Volunteer Orientation Session – Offered every Sunday at 10:30am & 12:30pm at the shelter. (Currently the 12:30pm session is allocated to ONLY 4 students)
2. Get informed and read the HSSTT Dog Walking Manual before coming in for tips and important information written by volunteers, for volunteers, on how to have an enjoyable experience for all.
3. When you arrive at the shelter, sign the Volunteer Form at the front desk before you start walking dogs. Then let another volunteer know that it is your first day and you can work alongside them so that you have a dog-buddy and easy place to ask questions.
We all know that one of the most important things that we rely on to succeed are volunteers so thank you for volunteering!
We always need volunteers to assist with dog walking and socializing. Do you have spare time to take dogs for a walk on our campus? Our greatest need is for two-hour increments between 8am- 4pm; however, if you only have an hour to spare, that will be greatly appreciated too! You can easily sign up here!
Our cats would love getting attention and pets from you! Come spend some time with them in one of our outdoor enclosures. Even just hanging out and reading a book in their company can brighten their day! Every day 8am-4pm. You can sign up here!
- Wash and dry laundry
- Fold laundry
- Restock laundry shelves
- Hours needed are 8am-4pm daily
- Sign up here!
Animal Care Attendants
- Dog Kennels – taking dogs outside, cleaning/disinfecting kennels.
- Cat Cabanas – cleaning/disinfecting cabana kennels.
Adoption Profile Photographs and Bios
- Hang with our furry friends, snap some glamor shots and make profiles for adoptable animals. It’s that easy!
Get registered as a foster parent by completing the HSSTT Volunteer Form and we will contact you.
- Create new contacts within the committee assist in the organizations ongoing attention to HSSTT and operational funds needed to support the animals in our care. Email Carole at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Boutique & Thrift Store
- The Thrift Store is always in need of volunteers helping with donation intake, sorters, cleaning/organization of store. Contact Shalini at email@example.com
- Events: We host numerous fundraising activities throughout the year. Two of our largest events include a “Valentine’s Day Brunch and Halloween Spooktacular & Christmas events”. Your assistance is greatly appreciated in planning as well as during the day of the events. Email Judi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Entry/Filing – general filing; project work, statistics, etc.
- Customer Service – answer phones, assist customers, data entry, etc.
- Greeter – greet & direct visitors, provide general information.
- Campus Maintenance General shelter maintenance is an extremely important campus need to provide a safe haven for the animals in our care. Grounds maintenance, tree trimming, plumbing, electrical, carpentry etc. is certainly of great help! Contact Annette at email@example.com
Triage Assistant – clean cages, data entry, baths, etc.
Thank you for your interest to Volunteer at the Humane Society.
At Humane Society of St. Thomas we never lose sight of what drives our efforts.
It is dedicated people like you who are ready to make change happen now!